Friday, August 15, 2008

Ramen @ Gallery Hotel

15 Aug 08

Last thursday went for Ramen session with Adam. Alight at Clarke Quay MRT station, walked a long long way, passing Jumbo Seafood, Robertson Quay and reached Gallery Hotel at around 1915hrs.

At the lobby of Gallery Hotel, started staring the shops' direction signs. 5 Jap resturants. Go -->
So we walked -->. Well, it not there. We wandered around the perimeter of the hotel, so when I spotted a red lantern hidden at 1 corner of the building. Went pass a bushy, unkempt planter box and saw a Jap restaurant. At this moment, we are still wondering if this is the right place.

Looking the menu pasted on the glass panel, Adam confirmed WE ARE THERE!!


Ran towards the front seats (in front of the Jap Chef). But the front seats are blocked by a partition...* Errr..

Let's take a look at the menu....









I ordered for this!





Do you know : Everytime I ordered a ramen with corns and seaweeds, I simply can't resist the temptation of adding butter if it wasn't included. But this day, I decided not to do that, Let me try the original taste first.


First look... Like Lor Mee...


First taste... Nice! Super strong taste of the soup.


First bite... Normal ramen... *Heard the ramen are imported from Japan! But I found 1 lump of un-cooked ones stick together... Turn off... Points deducted


Second taste... The soup is getting unbearable salty-ness... But I kept drinking, still craving for it, I dunno why...

As I eat and look at the menu, I saw this line of words:"You may request for a bowl of plain soup, if your throat feels dry after consuming the ramens."

Now I know why! Do I care about the salty soup??




End result :

Overall, it is a good to try, PROVIDED you want to grab a bite before you heads into Dbl O, or you just happen to be there.

No comments: