Sunday, August 24, 2008

Dirtiest run I ever did..

24 Aug 08

Yesterday, while Jazs was taking her test in the afternoon. I was wandering around, window shopping around from Orchard to Suntec under the rain. Count myself lucky not to get myself sick today. After Dinner with Jazs & family, I gotta give the Korea's firework presentation a miss, I reached home around 10pm. And turn in after an hour.

Waking at 5.40am today was torturing. When I heard the alarm, I told myself, "If it is heavy rain, I shall get back to sleep." When I opened my eyes, it was a cool weather, not a bit of rain... I couldn't control myself as I lie down like a dead pig. Struggled as I warm-up and do some stretching, my eyes were closed as I brushed teeth.. I'm so freakly tired... *Arghz...

Breakfast was plain bread with banana. Board the cab and reached Esplanade at 6.25am. Join the crowds, and moments later, I heard the flag off. As usual I was down there 300m away from the Start line.

Well, I started off smoothly, trying to adopt the correct running method. Reaching the 14km mark without feeling the usual knee pain I had in the past. But what's lie in front of me is,

Mud..

Soil...

Soft terrain...

LL... I proceed forward. Within minutes, I found my favourite Adidas red shoes covered with mud. *Arhhh!!! From then onwards, I went as slow as I can. The change in gradient and terrain were really a bother for me. Poor adapting ability overwhelmed me. Finally reaching the Marina Barrage at 2hrs, strolling my way as I stepped on this newly erected bridge which overlook Sheares Bridge, CBD, Fullerton hotel and SG flyer. Amazing view indeed. Argh... Felt my first cramp on my calf.

From then on, I half jogged and limpped my way toward Fullerton Hotel. And I finally complete SG Bay Run within 2hrs30mins. Absolutely glad that I did better then during my army days. I think those video clips I've watched, really helps. What really matters to me most is I'm facing no extreme pain on my knees and legs.

No comments: