Monday, September 1, 2008

Have U ever say Thanks?

1 Sept 08

Teacher's Day...

I hardly can recall any good memories on eve of this day from Kindergarten, all the way till Polytechnic.

I'm shy... I really do... Maybe I don't show that. Or is that I am just afraid to expose my poor command of English (as my classmates mostly are potato-eaters) So that slowly mould a quiet Me.

Not to say, this word, "Thanks." which since toddler, we have been taught to say it as a return for one's assistance to you. Even during Teacher's Day, I have never put "Thanks" to an action to my teachers. E.g. A tiny gift, a stalk of flower... Well, every year, I was there, sitting in a corner, overlooking my classmates flood my teacher with their gifts in the classroom.

2 factors, why I don't or should I say, I can't...
  1. My pocket money was only enough for a tuckshop 50 cents bowl of noodles.
  2. I will either stammer or stay mute, if I ever turn up in front my teachers with a gift.

I think that my teacher will be thankful to me, if I do any thing stupid that day!

During Kindergarten, my mother mostly pick me up in the Teachers' Room, unlike my friends who went off via the main door. Coz I never get enough of mischief stuffs!

I still can remember this incident very clearly..... In order to save money, Mum brought a one size bigger school shoes for me (they can even come loose while walking!) One day, I got damn irritated by an Indian classmate, that I tried to kick him on the face. Unfortunately, I misses, and that was a really bad miss. My brand new shoes flew across the class and landed in front of my teacher. I was immediately slapped on the palm, sent to detention. As usual, caned by Mum back at home after being told by the English Language Teacher.

During Primary school, this jinx hit me again, and this occurred during Teacher's Day celebration.

I think it is Pri 2, whole class was having fun with potato chips, party poppers & stuffs. This Maths teacher was chatting with my female classmates, while I was playing crazily with paper-fold Ninja darts. Happily folded my first (and last) paper dart, I threw it up to the ceiling. *Wooo!! And it bounced off the fan and landed on my teacher's eye brow. Teacher got mad, send me out of the class, staring at the sky, till party end. I walked back home with a forlorn face.

Secondary School, I was part of the celebration event. Got laughed by fellow classmates, why? My class have two Wushu members, one is a female, one is Me. She was always up there performing individually, attracting lots of attention. Whereas Me? My duty was to carry a heavy carpet with my friends, lay it nicely for the performers..... I'm more like a joke...

Other than this, I done numerous rules-breaking stuffs.

  • I damaged a basketball ring....
  • I played soccer during POAccounts lessons...
  • I slept through 60% of lessons...
  • I nearly got caught by Principle and Vice-Principle when smoking at nearby block void deck....

After 'O's levels, I always hope to go back to secondary school, paying those teachers a visit. But I always questioned myself, do they remember me? Have I ever left any nice memories for them? Seriously, I cannot recall much.

Till now, I simply have no chance to say "Thanks" to all the teachers who had taught me, show me the guidance to where I am now. If not for them, I afraid I won't at where I'm standing now. This is probably one of the regret which lingers inside me these past 24 years.

No comments: