Tuesday, February 26, 2008

CJ 7

26 Feb 08

Have you watched it? Well, I did! Caught it with Jazs on 23 Feb, 12 midnight at Leisure Park cinema.

This is our first time there. Small theater, simply cannot feel any bit of chill-ness in that cinema. But sound system is acceptable. When buying the tickets, I hardly see anyone else other then me, buying tickets. I (keep my fingers cross) that this cinema is gonna stay for long. One thing we chose to watch there, coz it is really near Jazs' house!

Well, moving back to the movie........

长江7号 aka CJ 7. I thought it is beautifully done up by Stephen Chow. We both felt that this is really a break-through for him. Very different from from his previous works. E.g. KungFu Hustle, ShaoLin Soccer.

Whole movie I can only find Stephen Chow and that fatty boss (who also starred in above mentioned films). The rest of the casts, I got no idea where they come from.

The lame P.E. teacher who pull his pants so high that it almost cover his nipples,


The Clean-freak hongkee teacher who really make me wanna f*** (coz the way he treats that poor boy,


*Wooo.. the Beautiful teacher who did not teach a single lesson in the show. *LoL!!

That hugh female classmate who have a voice of a cutie primary school girl. *Wahaha!!

Stephen's son (who actually is a girl in real person). Her/his reactions and acting are very impressive!! The way she hold her mouth, pointing to the cabinet and finally let out a sharp YELLLLLL!!!! The moment where he realize his Dad had died. She certainly handle those tough showing very well!! Imagine her age... Wow!!

Before watching this show, I have a few friends who told me that this show is below expectation, not that funny anymore. But after I caught this show, I reckon that. It is like a Ferrero Roche. Nice outlook. You unwrapped the golden wrapper, slowly bite off the nuts one by one. Lick the choco 'cover', when it is time, you 'hack' the crust into a creamy choco. Finally you are there, real big nut in there!

*Duhz... Do you understand what am I saying?

Err... Never mind then....

I feels this movie was done very 'internationally'. Jokes cracked were easily understand by audiences regardless of Euro, US or Chinese. Flow of story was cooked up smoothly. Props were done up so nice that you won't forget. E.g. Their 3 storeys house with a very small interior, the lovable CJ7!!...

Background of the movie was showing China, which I feel is a better way to showcast the movie to Ang mos... As ang mo watch more China films than HK ones *I guess!, added to that, China environment is much more easier for them to visualise the story. E.g. That silly farmer wearing the cap exactly like the UFO, saying that he saw flying saucer!! (you got what I mean?)

Another thing that contribute to why I think it is an International flick is this song!!! (Why don't he input a Chinese song?)





It is called 'Sunny' by singer name, "Boney M". Oldies song liao.

Very groovey song!!! Love that!! *Currently my ringtone!! WaHaha!! Like it when the boy dances with cutie CJ7, hitting the faulty radio 1/2way!

Emotion hit skyhigh when Stephen Chow died. From the day, they quarrelled about getting 60+ marks than Stephen will mind his own business, to Stephen Chow's death which was made that no one else could save him at that point of time. After he fall to his death, his son got 65 marks for test, but come to realize the fateful accident. The struggle in his heart when on his bed, crying,"Daddy will be back when I wake up tomorrow morning." His acting is so convincing that I nearly drop my tears. *woo...

I feel that only silly thing of the ending is that, that father and son still have not realise that who save Stephen Chow from death. Funny isn't it?

Anyway this movie is sure to very much worth the $9.50 I spent per ticket. And I certainly wanna watch it for a second time!!

Have you watch it??

No comments: