Monday, April 13, 2009

13th Apr 2009

It is 11 days past the day, I lived on Earth for a quarter of century. No special feelings, just thought I'm older.. That's all..


I was on leave on 2nd Apr. I slept till 10am... I step out of my house to Parkway Parade, hope to buy something I like. Aimlessly as I walked around, I stepped into Bengawan Solo an brought an extremely old-schooooool piece of cake.

Kaya Pandan Cake!!

Just in case this cake sounds alien-tic to you, it is a kinda cake coated with Kaya + Pandan paste all round the cake, adding some coconut fakes on the circumference. On top is a few drops of pinkish cream. Plain & simple cake. For your info, it costs $2 more than a Fresh Fruit cake!! *This surprise me too!

I dropped by my favourite Apollo Char Kuay Tiao at the Hawker Centre near the MacDonalds. Brought a $5 packet before heading home. *Luckily I got a $5 note with me!!

Afterwhich I shared the cake with my Dad who birthday falls on 6th Apr. Glad that Mum & Dad & my little nephew enjoyed the cake. Eventually the whole cake was only ate by they 3 plus ME. (Coz the rest of my family doesn't like a bit of the taste of Kaya w/ Pandan.)

To me, it doesn't matters. As long as Mum & Dad like the taste, do not find it difficult to eat, I very happy. Even it is without any birthday song sang, I feel blessed to enjoy it with them and I'm certainly thankful for that. = )

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

So on that night, I went over to meet Jazs & my friends for an expensive dinner at BillyBombers Central. They doesn't like American foods, but accompany me in to dine, just to grant my wish! I am delighted that they brought me a Tee with Mr. Mao Z D's head formed by blink blink beads and my name at the back!! Post-dinner programme was talk-cock session at Brewerk Riverside, where I 'sank' a pint of beer plus a glass of Merlot (Courtesy of Jazs who can't take it..)

As quoted from my wife, Jazs' birthday card, 'No surprise given' but the time I had, the gift I've received had made my day on 2nd April 2009. Plus a bit special touch of feeling that this is the first time I'm spending my birthday as a Married Man.



I will like to say Thanks, and this includes friends who wrote on my Facebook wall, my colleagues who gave a present last Thursday, my pals and last but not least,


my dearest wife, Jazs.. Thank you...

No comments: