Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Some thoughts & memories

22nd April 2009

I'm sitting down at my warm bedroom, watching the long awaited heavy downpour outside my windows. Wonder is it the effect of EarthDay (22 Apr 09)?? Some rain to chill the warm atmosphere at Singapore? Hope more kindness from Heaven for the upcoming days.

This few days post-dinner activity was to watch 9pm drama, "乒乓圆". Quite a boring drama (as usual). Even I, who don't even know how to set a ping pong ball, can clearly see that those fellas in the drama, do not even attain the basics of Table Tennis, before acting this drama! But I just wanna see how the underdog, He Sheng Wu, who was guided by Zhang Zi Yi, and finally or rather out of the blue, reach National Standard.

Sound silly. But as I watched, this brings back some past memories of my childhood....


During Primary 3, I was a normal student, who heads home straight after school. Only remedial lessons allow me to stay in school. I still remember once I went 'Void deck' soccer with friends, only to get myself dragged back home by Mum. With this absolute disgraceful incident, I become a JOKE. I started pulling myself further from friends. Although I love to play basketball or soccer with friends, well.. That day never comes.

So when I finally took up the courage to join the Soccer team as ECA. I attended 2 trainings, and the team was disband. *duhz... After this it was the annual sport day, I was always the one jogging aimlessly alone at the basketball court, during our House training (The school was divided into 4 Houses to complete in Sport Day). I not sure it's luck or fate. I was call up to participate.

But this is only because the selected guy for 100m was injured, a few days before Sport Day. The teacher-in-charge ask me to take part on behalf. Surprisingly I won the race. So from then on, I was asked to take part in whatever races (e.g. 100m, 200m, 4X100m)

Those were certainly times where I felt really proud of myself. I really cherish the moment I had.

Secondary School time, I was on my own. Took part in the events, won mostly Third prize. Suddenly those joy of winning seems fading away, as I couldn't find anyone to share.



Slowly... those facts become memories. Fade along with time. I just wonder when will I ever have the chance to shower in joy of my own success once again?




I'll be patient...

No comments: