Monday, April 27, 2009

Meow....

27th Apr 09

Hot scorching sun soak wet my polo tee...

1200hrs, I went for a cat capture session with contractors. I personally combed the suspected areas of that particular block.

Culprit A - Has an owner...

Culprit B - Stood quietly one side...

I edged toward A, it ran for its life toward an unit.

So I happened to saw B by one side. Instructions given, cage placed. We all waited patiently... Seconds past..

*pank!

Down the door came, locking B inside. Desperate claws pointed our like the way Wolverine in X-Men did. Scratching furiously against the door. I shook my head, informed contractor to send it away to other areas, instead sending to @vA for 'sleeping treatment', which I thought was real sinful.

1500hrs, a phone call came. Shouting on top of her voice saying,"I believe you guys just caught one of our sterilised cat! What do you think you are doing? You know by catching them, you are murdering them! You are a MURDERER!!"



For a split second, I paused my breath.


I was thinking, I didn't mean to do anything bad... It just did not come across my mind. But for my profession, I need to answer... "But Mdm. Sending it to @vA is our responsibility. Any stray c@ts found on open areas, we have the authority to remove it, especially when it is causing a nuisance to residents."

After she furious questions thrown to me one after another. I couldn't take it. I got my contractor to place the cat back on site.

I cannot say I was forced to do that. I just feel that I wasn't firm enough when handling these issues. I was taught numerous times by my colleague, on whatever SOP when dealing with these matters. But physically inside me, gave way... My soul took control.

I felt the word 'Murderer' just woke the inner soul of mine. For a moment, I felt I failed terribly as my profession for this simple case. Whereas, another part of me felt relieved, probably I indirectly saved that poor kitty. Now recalling the pitiful 'meow' while it is in cage, I certainly felt it.

What that Mdm had said to me,"You took a poor life away. With this cruel act, how can you sleep comfortably through the night?" I really understand it now.


The kitty leave another day.

No comments: