Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Dark Knight

22 July 08

Just went to catch "The Dark Knight" at Toa Payoh Eng Wah.

Allow me some time to explain why did I intend to watch this movie....


Since childhood I never taken a liking in watch superheros films.. Never did I got excited over Superman pushing planet Earth away from an asteroid, neither do I glued to tv staring at how Spidy did a freeze on New York City building. In fact, I detest superhero movies. But this new series of Batman, absolutely change my mind, as I turn my head back, watching the first episode, "Batman begins".

And I will say it is the BEST Batman movie I ever watch as compared to the nipples perking suit wore by George Clooney, the silly penguin thingy that tried to bomb around at Gotham City. But I can say, you won't regret stepping into the cinema for this 'new' BattyMan by this director. (I dun mind ever paying the weekend charge)

Anyway, the first episode certainly makes me wanna be there tonight, inside the cinema, trumbling alone...

Brought a single ticket. That fella who I brought the ticket from, indeed give me a single ticket, PLUS center seat but it is next to a parapet wall.. *argh...

1840hrs... Timer tick off for this 150 minutes movie..


First scene blast away by a few jokers robbing the bank. Till then I stay glued to my seat, getting a shock once awhile the charming-looking Christian Bale (I swear I'm not GAY.. He look really great!) disguise as Batman turned up in front the scene.

Stared at how the Joker amazinly act out by the late Heath Ledger, poked a pen-knife into the villian's mouth.

I thought this two mentioned are the only one really worthwhile paying for the ticket price. Erm.. This is another guy... He did not appear in any scenes, but he contribute to Why this movie is currently number one in US.

Christopher Nolan

This movie is never about how hero win over villians. (Which is why I like it.) Whereas it dig really deep into the world of Joker. Why he kills.. How well he plans as he kills.. How he was transform into this state.. And it is all reveal in a straightforward manner. (He certainly deserve credit for that.)

Batman character did not really have a large breakthrough. But he is cool as ever. How the camera shot the way he glided around the building, riding on his Lambor. Stunning indeed. It is a little pity part of the movie, Probably the focus was much on Joker.

Whatever it is, Please watch it if you like the first episode! Let's see if I watch 'Red Cliff' tomorrow, if so, I will tell you about it.



No comments: