Thursday, August 16, 2007

The most expensive Ramen I ever stuff in my mouth!!!

On 10th August, 7pm, meet up Adam at Central @ SOHO. Intending to try the ramen, cooked by japs. I remember passing by this small, wooden cladded interior Japanese Ramen Restaurant, during the weekends. It was never seen with long queue, and I had never thought of stepping in as I saw their Jap's notice board. (As I think I'll be making a fool there if the menu is in jap. Ka-lee, I order the wrong ones and kana laugh at.)




Look at this, you understand a single thing?
*Cake (hokkien tone) Jap ba...








So this is the queue at 1910hrs. And it got longer at the back!
Normally I will never queue for food! Make this an exception.





Finally we went on board! Est. 1935hrs
Keeping my fingers cross that the Ramen taste great.

phew.... Turning the menu around, there you go. English ver.

I ordered this, Aosa Ramen aka SeaWeed Ramen w/ lots spring onions,

lots lots seaweeds, nice soup (I feels it is too salty), the ramen was fantastic!

Remember to add in the fried garlic!!

Plus this almost 'well done' egg york! *Think I left

it in the hot soup too long, the york is .... like those 'tea leaf egg'

*For your info : The Ramen do not include this egg, It is sold separately!

I simply cant resist the taste of this ramen!

Opps! Even 'tan' the soup!

*For your info : If you finish the ramen, with some leftover soup,

you can actually buy extra ramen to add-on for $1!!


When footing the bills, I was shocked! *Mmm... Trying to hold

my dropped jaw...

The bill shows: My Aosa Ramen = $16.00

Add a egg = $1.00

Plus 10% Service charge and 7% GST

Together with Adam's order = $40.00!!

I swear I'll only have this once a year! It's much much more expensive then my top-rated Ramen at Liang Court 'Tampopo'!! (The famous Deluxe Ramen cost = $13.00)

Overall taste of Ramen : Nice, smooth ramen. Soup base too salty. Luckily there's self-service ice water by your side. Char Siew is suuuuupperrrr soft! Almost melt in my mouth!! It is almost 85% to fully cooked!

Resturant : Staffs are speaking to you in jap (which I dun understand a single word, as they served me ramen.) Looking at the 'Hiring list' outside, "Staffs should equip w/ English and Basic Japanese." Overall they are friendly!

Name : Ramen Marutama

Address : The Central, #03-90/91

No comments: