Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sorrow ending

22 Jun 08

This morning was the day where I watch my dear Netherlands crashes out of Euro 2008. 1-3 After extra time losing to Russia.

They were simply outplayed by Russians who are headed by Guus Hiddink (who mastermind the South Koreans 4th WorldCup 2002, Aussies QuarterFinalist WorldCup 2006)



Dutch's defence was exposed by tall Roman Pavluchenko. 4 defenders plus holding midfielder couldn’t be there to cope with in-form Andrei Arshavin.


It is pity that Arjen Robben could not play due to injury. But why was Ibrahim Afellay not in XI, instead Dirk Kuyt who is a slow striker placed on right wing? Shouldn’t a defensive tactics be used? Why was Orlando Engelaar taken off when Andrei Arshavin required much more attentions? Have Dutch watched the vids "Russia VS Sweden" of how the Russian roam around the field as if they are playing home?

I was still holding on hopes when my idol RVN levelled the score... Well, final score matters the most.

I am absolutely devasted once again as Netherland choked during the knock out stages. I’m utterly sad by today performance. I thought we could do better. But... I'm not sure if I still have the mood to follow through the Euro to finals without them.

Nevertheless, thanks to all Netherland players who brought us to this stage and all the thrilling matches we had (Especially VS Italy and France). I really hope that the new incoming coach will be someone like Guus Hiddink or Scolari or Lippi. We simply need a old warrior rather than young ex-player without much experience.


Hup Hup Oranje Holland!! TotaalVoetbal still rules!



Online Videos by Veoh.com

No comments: